IT’S ALL ABOUT THE MEAT
Modern dogs are built like their ancestors and we believe they should eat like them. How do you know if your dog’s food is Biologically Appropriate™? It’s simple, just answer the three meat questions.
HOW MUCH MEAT?
- Entirely free of plant protein concentrates, ACANA Adult Large Breed is loaded with 60% meat — up to twice as much as most pet specialty dog foods.
HOW MUCH FRESH MEAT?
- 1/3 of the meat in ACANA is FRESH, supplying essential nutrients in their most nourishing form, and 2/3 are dried to provide a strong and natural source of protein.
HOW MANY MEATS?
ACANA Heritage foods feature three fresh meats in WholePrey™ ratios that include meat, organs and cartilage to supply nutrients naturally and completely.
- Free-run chicken – meat, liver, heart, kidney and cartilage, fresh from farms.
- Nest-laid eggs – whole and fresh from local prairie farms.
- Wild flounder – whole and fresh from North Vancouver Island.
In nature there are no synthetic supplements, and dogs and wolves derive their nutritional needs by consuming prey animals; muscle meat provides protein; liver, kidney and tripe supply vitamins and minerals; bones and cartilage deliver calcium and phosphorus.
ZINC | OUR ONLY SUPPLEMENT
ACANA mirrors the natural diet, incorporating meat, organs and cartilage in ratios that deliver nutrients the most natural way possible, providing a concentrated and natural source of virtually every nutrient your dog needs to thrive. That’s why virtually all of the nutrients in ACANA are naturally present and are not synthetic.